Changes to the sign-in procedure
Changes to the sign-in procedure.
From October 1st 2022, signing into the 27k1 ISMS with a username and password will be no longer be permitted.
The 27k1 ISMS has two signing in procedures. The default method is Single-Sign-On (SSO) using the user's domain such as mydomain.com. The second method is when a user's machine is not connected to a domain and the user is asked to enter a username and a password, this also invokes an additional user licence.
User's signing in using the second method will receive the message below.
From October 1st 2022 this second sign-in option will be deprecated and become unavailable.
Why is this becoming unavailable?
The ISMS owner needs to know that the signed in user has an approved identity, this is already achieved with the SSO method. Signing into the app with a username and password provides no identity to the ISMS owner, this can be overcome by signing into your computer with a Microsoft 365 account.
What do I need to do?
It is important to sign into your computer using a domain name.
- Export/Backup your database connections.
- Uninstall the app.
- Change your computer's sign-in from "Sign in with a local account" to a Microsoft Account.
- Reinstall the app from the app install link.
- Connect to your database by importing the saved backup file.
- No further action is required.