How to reinstall the 27k1 ISMS application
There are times when the 27k1 ISMS needs to be reinstalled.
Occasionally 27k1 may contact you to carry out a reinstallation when the code signing certificate is changed. For example our company registered address could change which unfortunately requires a reinstallation.
Step 1: Back up your database connection and license key
- Open the 27k1 ISMS and select the Settings cog.
- Select SQL Database Config.
- Click Export / Backup Configuration on the toolbar.
- Select Include the License Key.
- Save the config file to a safe location on your computer.
Installation packages for IT
IT professionals may need to carry out the reinstallation from their local servers. To accommodate this requirement the installation packages are available for download from this link.
Step 2. Uninstall the app and download the app installer file.
- Uninstall the 27k1 ISMS from the Windows Start menu.
- Click this link to download the 27k1 ISMS installer file
- After clicking the "Install the 27k1 ISMS application" hyperlink, your browser will open. Your browser will ask to Save or Open the file, select Save. The screenshot below is Firefox but this will vary depending on the browser.
Step 3 - Install the 27k1 ISMS from the downloaded file.
Double click the downloaded "27k1App.appinstaller" file.
A message may show which requires a file association with the Microsoft Store App Installer.
Select the "App Installer" to open the file and the install dialog similar to that shown below will be presented.
- Select Install.
Step 3.1 - IN CASE OF ERROR
If there an error occurs installing the 27k1 ISMS with the appinstaller file please download the full package from this link,
- Double click file 27k1App_126.96.36.199_x64.msixbundle
- The installation should progress.
Step 3.2 - Success
After clicking the install button, you are presented with this dialog, click the Yes
Step 4 - Import the license key and database config.
- Click "Import key" and select the config file which you previously exported.
- Click Close and you the app should connect to the database.
Step 5 - This step is only required if the SQL Server database is located on the same computer as the app.
Enable the 27k1 ISMS app loopback exemption
This step is very important to allow local connectivity to the SQL Database from the newly installed app.
- Search Windows for the Command prompt and Run as administrator.
- Enter your Administrator’s password.
- Exempt the 27k1 ISMS app from loopback restrictions
- Copy, paste this command at the prompt
checknetisolation.exe loopbackexempt -a -n=27k1.isms_5rha47rvhm3pe